I cannot honestly say these are my “winter beauty favorites” because the weather in Corpus Christi has been more fall-like, even in mid-December. But we’ll take it! Most days, we can leave the windows open and bundle up in thick socks. Given the very temperate weather we’re having, I haven’t experienced my usual struggle with dry skin. In fact, aside from a few mild hormonal breakouts, my skin has been pretty easy going these past few months.
My beauty routine has actually been less routine lately, and I’ve enjoyed experimenting with different skincare products. As far as makeup is concerned, I’ve been keeping it fairly simple with subtle cat eyes and a swipe of gloss. These are the goodies that I’ve really enjoyed this fall (& winter?).
Cool Weather Beauty Favorites ~ 2015
1. Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash. I tried a sample of this face wash in a Petit Vour box, and I was instantly in love. This cleanser has a gel consistency that feel so soft on skin. It’s perfect for removing makeup (including water-resistance mascara), but it never leaves my skin feeling too dry.
2. MyChelle Apple Brightening Serum. This serum contains alpha hydroxy acids, which gently exfoliate skin to improve hyper-pigmentation caused from sun damage or post-acne marks and reduce the chance of clogged pores. I picked it up on impulse when I felt that my skin was looking a little dull. I like that the formula also contains witch hazel (which is great for acne and oily skin) and acai fruit extract (an amazing antioxidant). I use it morning and night and apply it immediately after drying my face. The formula is easily absorbed and doesn’t cause any dryness.
3. Hana Organic Skincare Eye Oil. With jojoba and rosehip seed oil, this eye oil deeply moisturizes the delicate skin around the eyes. Rosehip seed oil naturally contains vitamin A, making it a gentle anti-ager. I use this at night or on mornings when I’m not planning to apply makeup (since the oil would just make the makeup slip around). Applying oil around your eyes feels like ultimate pampering.
4. Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation (in warm/light). The name of this product is misleading because it’s more of a tinted moisturizer than something that provides real coverage, but I still like it! If I plan to wear mineral powder, I’ll apply this delicious-smelling color-correcting cream first. Next, I’ll put a cheek stain directly on the apples of my cheeks. Then, I’ll apply mineral powder over everything. The CC cream prevents the mineral powder from sinking into fine lines and looking papery. Meanwhile, the cheek stain “glows” beneath the sheer layer of mineral powder, giving my skin a lit-from-within luster. The cream is formulated with coconut water, mineral sunscreen, and natural fragrance.
5. Modern Minerals Lotus Weit Infused Lipgloss in “Violet Rose.” One of the joys of being a beauty editor and writer is that I end up with a bunch of lipglosses. Lipgloss is one of the most fun things to sample. A great lipgloss is much easier to find than, say, an ideal face serum. Plus, it’s a pretty affordable way to elevate your look and make you feel instantly glam. This one happens to be another PV winner (what would I do without them?). I love that this gloss is formulated with marine collagen, natural oils, and emollient butters that soften and heal lips. The gloss also contains pink camellia flowers, pink tourmaline gemstone essence (!), lavender, chamomile, rose, and neroli. The blend is designed to inspire love, inner strength, and living in the present. The pigment looks pretty intense below, but it applies fairly sheer, which I like.
That’s it for me! What are you cool weather beauty favs?